Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Junior High; man I wish I could go back.

First day in the DYAD.  Below are four things I learned about Junior High today:

1)  Why in the world was I such a nervous wreck back when I went to Junior High.  The simply comeback of  "Your face" can take you all the way class president nowadays.  Yes, someone could have told me this little secret a tad bit sooner.

2)  Six Periods of school stuffed into 5 and a half hours.  Teaching five classes of Math a day and then get one prep period.....dream job?  Right up there with the guy who got to hold Janet Jackson's you know whats on her self titled Album back in 89. 

3)  Classroom management.  Beginning next week I'll be able to truly test how well I am at harnessing the energy of 30 junior high students into one math lesson.  I have seen mixed results from both myself and my master teacher with classroom management techniques.  Wish me luck.

Random events about life:

4)  The sun moves south as the morning progresses.  I spent 20 minutes putting up large amounts of paper blocking the morning sun from hitting the board at 7:50am.  By 8:30 the sun had moved about 30 degrees HORIZONTALLY across the sky.  The students walked in immediately asking why we decided to block the sun from hitting the side of the classroom.  "Good question" I said, "This is a Math class, not geography."


Funny for the day:

We spend the first twelve months of our children's lives teaching them to walk and talk and the next twelve telling them to sit down and shut up!!
Cheerio

No comments:

Post a Comment